I worked as a staff writer for Lesbilicious, covering daily news and the occasional in-depth article on gay culture and politics, 2008-2011.
All my articles can be found on my writers page, here. A selection of longer pieces are linked to below:
- Independent Lesbian Cinema: A new era? (September 2011) Can the internet bring quality films to the masses?
- Gay Pride vs Queer Arts: The battle for LGBT culture (April 2010) Is Manchester’s Queer Up North Arts Festival an antidote or compliment to the commercialised Pride event hosted in the city?
- Lesbian TV… Online? (Feb 2010) A round up of online-only TV shows. Underlying the reviews is the intriguing potential for TV to be democratised through user-generated content?
- Why are lesbian films so bad? (December 2009) Opinion piece on the limited scope of mainstream lesbian cinema, designed to spark debate (hence the provocative title).
- Battle for the ‘Pink Vote’ (October 2009) When the Conservative Party conference held its first Pride event, it was picked by staunch right-wingers and queer protesters alike. Is the battle for the pink vote smoke and mirrors, or a sign times are changing?