Click on links below for more information on:
- My PhD research, in which I asked: How do NGOs shape popular and political understandings of LGBT asylum seekers in the United States? Concurrently, how do their activities impact the lives of the individuals they support?
- My MA research, in which I worked with members of Women Asylum Seekers Together to explore how UK asylum policy creates a sense of stasis for claimants that is overcome, to some extent, through grassroots organizing and mutual support.
- My résumé
General areas of specialization:
- Gender and sexuality
- Migration, in particular the asylum process, and mobility
- State power, border control and militarism
- Nonprofits, NGOs, FBOs and grassroots organizing
- Visual and sensorial methodologies
- Critical discourse analysis
- The United States
- Western Europe, particularly the United Kingdom
- Latin America
See the blog posts on the home page for more information about my current activities.